Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Who’s nibbling at my house?



I know gingerbread is more of a Christmas thing than a Halloween thing, but since witches are a mark of Halloween and a witch did live in a gingerbread house, I figure, what the hay, I’m posting this now.

I know this slightly pathetic looking gingerbread gift tote from Fred Flare is not that great, but ahhh, is it inspirational! As soon as I spotted it I knew that its potential was so much greater than what meets the eye…

In my fantasy, I would stitch up plain little brown gingerbread house bags for my friends, and with it include a cute little variety of trimmings they could use to decorate their own houses as they wished. And yes, of course, this would require all of the gift recipients to be crafty enough to own their own needles and/or glue guns - lucky for me, my friends *are* that crafty. (Yay craft-lovin’ friends!)

Still, as creative as my friends are, I don’t know if this project would be amusing, or a nuisance. After all, making a present for yourself is never that fun. So what do you think? Fun, or tasking? Gift or burden? (If you say “fun” we’re totally doing this at the gift exchange).

2 Comments:

Blogger C said...

I'm in. We should definitely do it all together. (and take them out together when we're finished)

8:14 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

that *would* be cute if the decorations were velcro! you could redecorate your house differently every year. also a great idea for marketing this as a product. the decorations could be sold separately in sets...chocolate set, sugar candy set, etc. people could just keep adding on. maybe put a different decoration on their house every day of december until christmas, a la advent calendars.

i was thinking the bags should be rectangular too. i'll probably just put in big fat gussets. that way we can put a front door on one side! :-)

yay!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home