Friday, August 26, 2005

koo koo for... nesting bowls



These $85 white nesting bowls from Koo de Kir are will make an excellent wedding gift for me someday.

I wonder sometimes about how that will work. The internet is full of so many pretty pretty things, but they are scattered all over these tiny little boutiques' websites. How to register for that? The Koo de Kir site seems to be a combo of exclusive items and then a compilation of brands and products that the buyers thought their audience would like. I kind of hate that. I can understand why a manufacturer in real life would prefer to sell to retailers and not bother with direct selling, but with the internet, why not cut the middle man? And if you're going to be a big warehouse of products that you just picked out for your customers, shouldn't you at least offer some services to make it worth their while on the mark up? Like wedding registry services?! Jana, you understand this stuff. And Kim. Explain.

I wonder if Amazon.com has a lifestye category system, or something to group products by taste and style. They should. It would save me the trouble of having to deal with these crappy little retailers with questionable inventory and not even a very clear concept of their core audience.

1 Comments:

Blogger lydia said...

I love it! $85 is totally reasonable for that set, and yes, it'd make a great wedding gift. I'm sure it's possible to set up your own online registry that link to lots of different stores...

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home