Thursday, August 18, 2005

feeling like fall


I saw the cutest acorn necklace by Marc by Marc Jacobs in this high-end fashion and lifestyle magazine I got from work the other day... I can't for the life of me find a photo of it anywhere on the Marc Jacobs site, but it's flash anyways so I wouldn't be able to post it. It's way out of my budget range, but according to the magazine, squirrels and acorns are *so* in for fall, sorry Jana. I do love the whole acorn thing, it's very fallish, even though I don't think we have acorn bearing trees around here. Maybe I can find something cute and acorny in NY.

The next best thing I could find to post comes from motel, a very cute gallery/shop in Portland that also sells such lovely items as the small things jewelry and these cute cloud necklaces. The clouds are from a designer called dottyspeck whose little mismatched bird/pear earrings might charm the socks off of Jana. I think the above-shown acorn bracelet might have to be my next big purchase...

Ahhh, cute stuff overload!

4 Comments:

Blogger Strizz said...

Love your blog template!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

AGHHH! i second the cute stuff overload! you are right about the mismatched earrings...i must own them!

also, damn you marc jacobs, for always luring me with your cute clothes and now, for this stupid squirrel thing. wtf. i really really like acorns too (stephanie nguyen gave me an acorn in high school that i have kept all these years in hopes of getting it dipped in gold one day). but if the runways start featuring squirrels, i'm going to kill someone.

2:57 PM  
Blogger C said...

I reject anything that ever says that squirrels and acorns are "in."

Maybe in Mapletown, but not in the real world!

3:05 PM  
Blogger lydia said...

Was the MJ necklace anything like this bracelet? I completely adore Marc Jacobs, but I think the silver motel bracelet is cuter.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home