Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A Very Merry UnBirthday



Michael Lambert, a Northern Californian artist, makes these fabulous teapots, perfect for any mad (or normal) tea party.

I first came across his animated ceramic wares when they were featured in the window of an art gallery/shop on Pine Street in Long Beach. I'd drool over them every day I'd walk past the store on the way to buy my veggie sub dinner from Subway. When the shop went out of business and all the merchandise went on clearance, I couldn't help but treat myself to a little unbirthday present. I got a sunny yellow be-bop cream and sugar set for half the normal price! Great way to spend my hard earned wardrobe money.

Whimsical yet functional, these pieces brighten up any kitchen. Highly recommended for those of us who are not morning people. Check out more of Lambert's work at Made In Santa Cruz.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

nope! they are totally functional, like any normal teapot. i mean, i don't have a dishwasher and i love them so much i treat them with extra care, but still. totally normal teapot.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home