Wednesday, September 21, 2005

z-licious



Ok, so this isn't cute, and I know that you probably aren't really in the market for a yummy energy bar, but planning for New York and also trying to eat on the go all the time has caused me to try a vast array of energy bars from Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Most of them are as nasty as you would imagine, they pack in the calories and fiber and vitamins and protein like nobody's business, and their ingredients lists freak me out. But I wanted something that would taste decent AND be a quick energy boost. The Organic ZBar was my last attempt, although if you think about it, it should have been my first choice, because kids are such picky eaters. I tried the Chocolate Brownie flavor, and it really does taste quite good, with the added bonus of being baked, organic, whole grain, and lower in sugar, no high-fructose corn syrup, only 120 calories (not enough to replace a meal, but a good little jump start). It was created as a solution to the rising child-obesity rate. Plus, it only costs fifty cents, whereras many of those bars can cost up to $3. So if you ever really need a good snack bar, the Cliff Zbar is my recommendation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

where do i buy one of these things?

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home