Saturday, November 05, 2005

I love candy


I love this fake candy necklace from KanDi Designs, available for purchase at Virgin Threads. I have always thought that making a non-perishable version of the ever popular childhood candy necklace would be a great idea, and tada, here it is. I just wish they hadn’t put diamonds on it so that it would be more affordable…

Other cute things of note on this site:

L&R Mittens

Dictionary Pendant

Now, I have to apologize for this long post, but I had to mention a few things about this site, Virgin Threads. I can’t remember if someone posted it already; it seems almost impossible that we wouldn't have come across this website before.

Not only does it feature a handful of accessories that I believe the lot of us would enjoy (vintage-y pillows that Beth would love, a modern take on a 1950’s look that Cyndi might enjoy, and kitchy knit hats that Lydia would probably be inspired by…), it’s also like a mini re-cap of the jewelry we’ve posted thus far: Bonbon Oiseau, Smallthings, Kimberly Baker, and Happy Owl Glassworks, from Beth’s blog. I’m sure if they had a home goods section, this website would pretty much be our blog. It’s a little scary.

But just as I was beginning to think that this site had our tastes all figured out, I came across their “toy and doll” section. I’ve never been a fan of dolls to begin with, but this really freaked the crap outta me: Toys and Dolls

WHO is their buyer? Are they trying to say that people who like this type of cute fashion and accessories would also love these heinous (yes, *heinous*) dolls? And can you really dare to call these things toys?

Someone explain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home