Monday, October 10, 2005

The Worst Thing You've Ever Seen

This is by far the most disgusting thing you will ever lay eyes on. I'm sorry, but it's like The Ring. I am compelled to share my horror:

Scary little clay baby


Big pile of clay babies


My boss sent these in an email attachment. There were actually like 12 more photos, one with a marzipan baby being born in an empty egg shell. Be glad I spared you that one! They came with the following text:
"These are made with marzipan.... really unbelievable! While some of the faces may look crafted rather than real, every detail is amazing, and the rest looks VERY real.

Definition of Marzipan: a sweet paste made of ground almonds and sugar, often with egg whites or yolks, used as a layer in cakes or molded into ornamental shape."


I don't know what or who or WHAT is behind such a horrible art form, or why anyone would spend time making little ugly tiny babies, or if anyone pays money for them. Unfortunately, no one has any more information for me than what is included in the email. But they have little tiny marzipan genitals for &%#*@ sakes! I am going to have the most horrific almond-flavored nightmares now. And so will you. You're welcome.

UPDATE: Hmm, a polite poster has informed me that this a an urban legend, which I didn't bother to check. That's what I get for polluting the blog with anti-cute. Thank goodness though, no one is eating almond flavored babies. But still disgusting to look at....

UPDATE: Here are real marzipan babies.So, while the ones above are not marzipan, there most definitely are marzipan babies. I should know. I made the marzipan myself. Eat away!
-C

4 Comments:

Blogger C said...

dude, she beat me to it. this was a new addition to snopes a few days ago. what happened to the good old days of dogs in microwaves? but i was so happy to have a new one that didn't revolve around katrina, i didn't complain.

btw, do you remember why you started this blog? to post pictures of CUTE things. not anti cute

4:17 PM  
Blogger C said...

p.s.

when i have a kitchen again do you want to come over and make marzipan babies? (that's not a euphamism)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

BETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously almost threw up all over my desk when I saw this.

Seriously, this is a CUTE blog, you said it yourself in the very beginning!

NO BABIES! NO MARZIPAN (OR CLAY)! NO MARZIPAN OR CLAY BABIES!

5:26 PM  
Blogger C said...

sorry if i overstepped my bounds. I changed the captions. i don't like being the #1 technorati search for marzipan babies

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home