Tuesday, September 06, 2005

buy jewelry for a good cause



I’ve been hooked on Small Things Designs ever since Beth first introduced it to me a year or two ago. All of the pieces are beautiful and handcrafted, without ever verging on the DiY craft fair look as some handcrafted jewelry does. Plus the woman who owns it, Teresa, is super nice – how could I not want to support her?

Even though I’ve already made my big splurge on the adorable two birdie ring (and the single bird ring for my sister), I check the site regularly, just to see what I might need to buy in the future. Plus since it's already linked under our favorite cute shopping sites, it's hard not to look at it all the time.

Today, I saw that Small Things Designs is donating 50% of online sales this week to a hurricane relief fund through Mercy Corps, which of course is an even better reason to buy Small Things stuff now. A great way to show your support for the victims of Katrina and get cute jewelry too.

2 Comments:

Blogger C said...

I bought my smallthings. I'm very excited. I knew the right opportunity to donate to Katrina would show up. I don't think I've spent this much on jewelry ever.

5:43 PM  
Blogger C said...

awesome! the small thing site admin, or maybe even the girl herself visited. I hope she liked it.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home