Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sheckys Redux



In the midst of running off to New York for a week, I didn't have time to post anything regarding Shecky's Girl's Night Out, and I guess neither Cyn or Em found the time to either, probably in part because it was so disappointing. The only things we bought were EDITED UNTIL LYDIA'S BIRTHDAY which have no corresponding website to share. (But might soon, as she promised me (cyndi).) And I picked up a cheap lamb printed undie set from Harvey's. The other girls may have gotten stuff but I can't recall. And I had to work late that night so I missed the chocolate fountain. Boo. Even the free goodie bag was a let down. Some of the stuff was very cheap, some of it wasn't universally useful (hair cream for red heads, etc.), some of it was just lame.

The experience of running around a giant room stuffed with girls all shopping and drinking on a Thursday night was pretty cool, and I liked spending an extended amount of time with Cyn and Em. I realize we don't really shop that much together, at least not in boutiques and such, and I am rather unfamiliar with their tastes. (Which is why they should also spend more time posting things they like ont his blog! Ehem!) It was cool to see what they would like and dislike.

One thing Cyndi and I liked but opted not to get due to cost was this "passport wallet" from rebe, a tiny clothing and accessories company with very vibrant and provocative uses of vintage and kimono fabric. The wallet was $88, but a few of the patterns were super cute and it seemed kind of useful, like a purse wallet. Alas. Too much money, and I was saving for my big H&M spending spree.

2 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Sorry for hijacking your post again

I posted, just on my own blog. and mostly the uncute. bleh, i keep that horrible orange anklet around and look at it when I need to laugh.

shecky 1

shecky 2

3:56 PM  
Blogger lydia said...

darn, I came by too late to spoil my surprise!

I really like the bright pink spoiler warning though :)

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home