Thursday, January 05, 2006

Cup Couture

Bean from KROQ has a new blog. And for some reason, he’s just not excited about Cup Couture.

There are 2 models, lovely washable cotton and retarded unwashable faux fur. Drinking out of a stuffed animal has never really been my goal. And there’s no excuse for that kind of wastefulness. The cotton ones are nice though. The prices are a bit much, but think of all the trees you’re saving. (too bad it's not being marketed that way)

I used to carry a paper sleeve in my backpack so I didn’t have to keep wasting new ones. I threw them away when they got dirty. I would have been willing to wash a cloth one, I think. But, in Berkeley they didn’t automatically put the paper sleeves on your cup. Maybe they’re hippie like that in Seattle too. But currently the people at Starbucks get confused when you say you don’t want a sleeve.

They seem to not be available yet. I might try my hand at making one when I start my sewing this weekend. My coffee just isn't cute enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home